Advanced Communications Skills Training Course
16th November 2022 to 17th November 2022
- Secondary care
Event Location address
E-learning and online workshop
Event Location on Google Maps
An opportunity for senior cancer health care professionals to refresh and develop their communication skills to support shared decision-making and personalised care in more complex interactions whether face to face, online or on the phone.
Through the e-learning and online workshop we will explore an evidence-based consultation framework alongside other communication models, skills and behaviours, together we explore how these models and skills work in real examples drawn from your practice through role play by professional actors and discussion.
The course is delivered by Frontline Communications, in partnership with South East London Cancer Alliance and Guy's Cancer Academy.
A new blended learning course comprising pre workshop E-Learning and online workshop format as follows:
• 3 hours online e-learning (to be completed in the weeks before the online workshop)
• 20min 1-2-1 with course facilitator (to discuss learning objective and role-play scenario)
• 2 day zoom workshop (approx. 5 hours per day)
- Review evidence- based skills and principles for effective communication.
- Discuss challenges such as breaking bad news, advanced care planning, handling anger or distress, challenging colleagues.
- Practice key skills and principles to specific contexts, receive constructive feedback and test out alternative strategies.
- Identify communication strategies that can be transferred to any interpersonal or professional context.
Senior health care professionals working in cancer including medical and surgical colleagues, nurses and allied health professionals (band 6 and above).
Please email Julie.Bishop (at) gstt.nhs.uk.